1. Wang B, Pan L, Wei M, Wang Q, Liu WW, Wang N, Jiang XY, Zhang X and Bao L*. (2015) FMRP-mediated axonal delivery of miR-181d regulates axon elongation by locally targeting Map1b and Calm1. Cell Reports, 13: 2794-2807.
2. Bao L*. (2015) Trafficking regulates the subcellular distribution of voltage-gated sodium channels in primary sensory neurons. Mol. Pain, 11: 61
3. Zhang X, Bao L, Li S. (2015) Opioid receptor trafficking and interaction in nociceptors. Br. J. Pharmacol., 172: 364–374.
4. Chen XQ, Zhu JX, Wang Y, Zhang X and Bao L*. (2014) CaMKIIα and caveolin-1 cooperate to drive ATP-induced membrane delivery of the P2X3 receptor. J. Mol. Cell Biol., 6: 140-153.
5. Su YY, Ye M, Li L, Liu C, Pan J, Liu WW, Jiang Y, Jiang XY, Zhang X, Shu Y and Bao L*. (2013) KIF5B promotes the forward transport and axonal function of the voltage-gated sodium channel Nav1.8. J. Neurosci., 33: 17884-17896.
6. Han QJ, Gao NN, Ma GQ, Zhang ZN, Yu WH, Pan J, Wang Q, Zhang X and Bao L*. (2013) IPP5 inhibits neurite growth in primary sensory neurons by maintaining TGF-β/Smad signaling. J. Cell Sci., 126: 542-553.
7. Li L, Wei D, Wang Q, Pan J, Liu R, Zhang X and Bao L*. (2012) MEC-17 deficiency leads to reduced α-tubulin acetylation and impaired migration of cortical neurons. J. Neurosci., 32: 12673-12683.
8. Chen XQ, Wang B, Wu C, Pan J, Yuan B, Su YY, Jiang XY, Zhang X and Bao L*. (2012) Endosome-mediated retrograde axonal transport of P2X3 receptor signals in primary sensory neurons. Cell Res., 22: 677-696.
9. Wu QF, Yang L, Li S, Wang Q, Yuan XB, Gao X, Bao L and Zhang X. (2012) Fibroblast growth factor 13 is a microtubule-stabilizing protein regulating neuronal polarization and migration. Cell, 149:1549-1564.
10. Zhang X and Bao L. (2012) Interaction and regulatory functions of μ- and δ-opioid receptors in nociceptive afferent neurons. Neurosci. Bull., 28: 121-130. (Review)
11. He SQ, Zhang ZN, Guan JS, Liu HR, Zhao B, Wang HB, Li Q, Yang H, Luo J, Li ZY, Wang Q, Lu YJ, Bao L* and Zhang X*. (2011) Facilitation of μ-opioid receptor activity by preventing δ-opioid receptor-mediated codegradation. Neuron, 69: 120-131.
12. Li Q, Su YY, Wang H, Li L, Wang Q and Bao L*. (2010) Transmembrane segments prevent surface expression of sodium channel Nav1.8 and promote calnexin-dependent channel degradation. J. Biol. Chem., 285: 32977-32987.
13. Wang HB, Zhao B, Zhong YQ, Li KC, Li ZY, Wang Q, Lu YJ, Zhang ZN, He SQ, Zheng HC, Wu SX, Hökfelt TGM, Bao L*, and Zhang X*. (2010) Coexpression of δ- and µ-opioid receptors in nociceptive sensory neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A., 107: 13117-13122.
14. Liu C, Li Q, Su YY and Bao L* (2010) Prostaglandin E2 promotes Nav1.8 trafficking via its intracellular RRR motif through the protein kinase A pathway. Traffic, 11: 405-417.
15. Zhang X*, Bao L* and Ma GQ (2010) Sorting of neuropeptides and neuropeptide receptors into secretory pathways. Progress in Neurobiology, 90: 276-283. (Review)
16. Ma GQ, Wang B, Wang HB, Wang Q and Bao L* (2008) Short elements with charged amino acids form clusters to sort protachykinin into large dense-core vesicles. Traffic, 9: 2165–2179.
17. Zhang ZN, Li Q, Liu C, Wang HB, Wang Q and Bao L* (2008) Voltage-gated sodium channel Nav1.8 contains an ER-retention/retrieval signal antagonized by the β3 subunit. J. Cell Sci. 121: 3243-3252.