1. Cong Yan, Huanhuan Huo, Cuiwei Yang, Tao Zhang, Yuanyuan Chu, and Yanfen Liu (2018). Ubiquitin C-Terminal Hydrolase L1 regulates autophagy by inhibiting autophagosome formation through its deubiquitinating enzyme activity. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 497(2):726-733.
2. Yupeng Zhao, Ting Zhang, Huanhuan Huo, Yihong Ye, and Yanfen Liu (2016). Lunapark Is a Component of a Ubiquitin Ligase Complex Localized to the Endoplasmic Reticulum Three-way Junctions. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 291(35): 18252-62.
3. Ting Zhang, Yue Xu, Yanfen Liu, and Yihong Ye (2015). gp78 functions downstream of Hrd1 to promote degradation of misfolded proteins of the endoplasmic reticulum. Molecular Biology of the Cell. 26(24): 4438–4450.
4. Yanfen Liu, Nia Soetandyo, Jin-gu Lee, Liping Liu, Yue Xu, William M Clemons and Yihong Ye (2014). USP13 antagonizes gp78 to maintain functionality of a chaperone in ER-associated degradation. eLIFE, 3:e01369. doi: 10.7554/eLife.01369. (Commented in Nature Cell Biology)
5. Yue Xu, Yanfen Liu, Jin-gu Lee, Yihong Ye (2013). A ubiquitin-like domain recruits an oligomeric chaperone to a retrotranslocation complex in endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 288(25):18068-76.
6. Yanfen Liu and Yihong Ye (2012). The roles of p97-associated deubiquitinases in protein quality control at the endoplasmic reticulum. Current Protein and Peptide Science, 13(5): 436-446.
7. Wang, Qiuyan*, Liu, Yanfen*, Soetandyo, Nia, Baek, Kheewoong, Hegde, Ramanujan, Ye, Yihong (2011). A chaperone holdase maintains polypeptides in soluble states for proteasome degradation. Molecular Cell, 42(6):758-70 (* co-first authorship)
8. Yanfen Liu and Yihong Ye (2011) Proteostasis in the Endoplasmic reticulum: a new site of perturbation for targeted cancer therapy. Cell Research, 21, 867-883.
9. Yanfen Liu, Feng Wang, Huiyong Zhang, Hang He, Ligeng Ma and Xing Wang Deng (2008). Functional Characterization of Arabidopsis Ubiquitin-specific Protease Gene Family Revealed Specific Role and Redundancy of Individual Members in Development. Plant Journal, 55, 844-856.